Monday, November 8, 2010

"SURPRISE' Party

I am going to try and do better about blogging.  When I started this blog I 'thought ' I had a lot to say but the thoughts sometimes just go away when I actually start to type. 

A couple of months ago I had a birthday.  It was the BIG '50'!!!!!  It bothers some people when they hit the  30th, 40th or 50th birthday.  None of those milestone birthdays has bothered me at all.  As I say 'IT IS JUST A NUMBER'!!!!  I don't feel 50....I probably look 50....I don't think I act 50 (well maybe sometimes).....I do go to bed by 9 or 9:30 if I can....

Of course you can always expect a 'A Surprise OVER THE HILL party for a 30th, 40th or 50th birthday.   Bill and I went out to eat on my actual birthday.  Both boys were at school.  But I have some wonderful friends, 3 in particular that I sorta did not think they would let this 50th birthday go by without a party.  The weekend after my birthday I was told that we (Bill, Trae, Tyler and myself) were going out to eat.  There is a new Japanese Restaurant in town so that is where I thought we were going.  Tyler was not home much that day as I was told he would be in Tupelo with some friends.  I text him after lunch and told him to meet me at a friends house as we were having a baby shower for his 4-H leader and they wanted some of the 4-H members there.  He text me back and said he could not come as he was still in Tupelo.  I believed him as he knows better than to lie to his momma!!!!! Trae even came home from MSU for the weekend.  I think he was told he better be home.

So about 5:30 one of my friends, Millie, called and wanted us to run by her house to pick up something for church for Sunday.  Bill had been told to have me at Millie's house by 6.  As you can guess we pulled in and the yard was full of vehicles.  I knew then where we were NOT going..... Japanese Restaurant!!!!  It was a surprise that so many people were there.  Millie, Mary Beth, Bronson, Gina and Sue had pulled off the 'SUPRISE 50TH BIRTHDAY PARTY'!!!   But they were nice and it was NOT a OVER THE HILL PARTY!!!  AND I found out that Tyler was there all day, NOT in Tupelo, helping to get the party set up!!!!  Millie told him it was ok this one time to lie to his momma, she would understand!!!!


Waiting on my arrival.....
 



Yes there was 50 cupcakes and all were lit!!!!!
 
Bill and myself

Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. 1John 3:18

It was a GREAT party!!!  Thanks to my GREAT friends and family.....I LOVE VERY MUCH!!!!!

Until next time....Have a Blessed Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment